Vaillant Turbomax VUW 242E not firing

Dod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I took a shower yesterday morning and the boiler fired up as usual. Later in the day I flicked the time clock to constant for central heating and it failed to ignite. It no longer worked for just hot water either.

The electronic ignition is working fine; the fan kicks in; the water pressure is where it should be; the problem is, there doesn't seem to be any gas reaching the boiler.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
check power to the gas valve..is it opening?

is the burner clean?

The burner looks clean. I don't know where the gas valve is. I haven't located an explanatory diagram for this boiler, unfortunately. I can't locate the lockout switch either - I don't see any small black button on the front. I can certainly hear and see it sparking, though.

Sponsored Links
Dod said:
The burner looks clean. I don't know where the gas valve is. I haven't located an explanatory diagram for this boiler, unfortunately. I can't locate the lockout switch either - I don't see any small black button on the front. I can certainly hear and see it sparking, though.

Sounds like the gas valve to me

Better to look on the left !!!

On the flow pipe!

You can press to reset through the plastic cover.

Tony

If it's the transparent rubbery cover, like a mini babies bottle nipple, with a couple of wires going to it, I pressed that a few times. I couldn't hear or feel an actual 'click', as if I'd reset anything.

No change to the 'non firing situation' afterwards!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back