Help with landis & gyr RWB2 mechanical programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

This link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDIS-GYR-RW...QcategoryZ3191QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting shows an image of my programmer. Basically, I don't understand what the various switches do and have been unable to make the heating come on in my flat. (Just moved in) Can anyone help please? I know its a mechanical switch but not sure how to get heating on!

(Thermostat has been turned up and programmer has power as red lights are on, and radiators are open, but still nothing works)

Thanks!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
if the lights r on on hw & ch then the fault is probably not with the clock, is the hot water getting hot ? depending what type of system u have it could be the pump failed, or pump spindle stuck or a zone valve fault. more info needed . picure of pump/boiler/ cylinder.

bab said:
if the lights r on on hw & ch then the fault is probably not with the clock, is the hot water getting hot ? depending what type of system u have it could be the pump failed, or pump spindle stuck or a zone valve fault. more info needed . picure of pump/boiler/ cylinder.

I switched on the immersion heater in the boiler (mistakenly thought it was the hot water switch for the central heating) and so I have hot water. BUT now can't tell if the boiler/ rest of the system is producing hot water. I have switched it off now (i.e the immersion heater) and will wait and see

In the meantime, how do I investigate the pumps/ valves? Thanks for such a quick reply by the way!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back