Creda Shower Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a house last year that has a Creda 550 9.5w shower installed. After a few months of use the pressure dropped considerably on the unit and the thermostat switch now has to be rotated further round to get the temperature up. I’ve cleaned the shower head as advised but this has had no impact. When the thermostat is turned to cold the pressure increases back to normal. If the shower head is lowered below the unit and pointed upwards it does cause the low pressure light to come on and sometimes the shower to cut out. My suspicion is that one of the heating elements has broken in the cylinder. I’d be grateful if anyone could give me some help.

The model number on the bottom of the shower is 53-555081

Sponsored Links
I presume with only having being in the house for a year you don't know how old the shower unit is?

It sounds almost certainly as though one of the elements has failed.

I take it the supply is up to the job of carrying 41.3A?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back