Leaking shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

New to the forum for the simple reason that my shower is leaking I\\\'m worried and I need advise so I don\\\'t electrocute myself!

I\\\'m not sure of specs and the like yet but I\\\'ll have a closer look tonight and check up on whats actually happening.

I was having a shower today and noticed that in addition to the hot water comming out of the head I was getting a dribble of cold water running down onto my leg.

On further inspection I found it was running out of the shower casing itself. Needless to say I turned the shower off straight away.

Why would there be water running out of the main body of the shower? I think its a Mira. It has a pipe running into it with an on off valve for the water. One control knob on the bottom for temperature and one on the top to turn the shower on and off.

Can anyone help me with this, why is it leaking?

I\\\'ll have a look the night and maybe take some pics to see if anyone can help out.

Cheers
Davey

Sponsored Links
You'll have to have a closer look inside the unit. Could be coming from lots of places.

Right some more details:

Manufacturer: Neptune showers
Model: Solo
Power rating: ?

The leak seems to be coming from behind the on/off switch casing and is spraying/dripping down the remaining length of the unit.

Is there a way to fix it/replace it or do i need to buy a whole new unit?

If so is there a more powerful model available as an upgrade that has the same attatchment points to make it easy for me to fit.

I have taken some pics but don't know how to attatch them?

Any help greatfully received.

Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
It sounds like new shower time. You'll be lucky to get one with identical fitting points, you'll probqably have to do a little bit of work but nothing too drastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back