Heat Line Vizo boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Heat Line Vizo boiler installed about 4 months ago and have experienced similar problems with noise whenever it switches on/off - which is happening every few minutes. I am sure this should not be normal behaviour from a new boiler.

This week, the pilot light has decided to go off and I am at a loss as to how it should be switched back on. There is no help available on the HEAT LINE website or anywhere else. Can someone help and advise how the pilot light can be switche don again.

Thanks

Please note forum rule 20

The post you hi jacked is over 3 years old

Sponsored Links
Can someone help and advise how the pilot light can be switche don again.

It doesn't have a permanent pilot.
Where does the Fault Finding guide in the manual get you?

No modern boiler has had a pilot light for about 10 years!

The original posting may well be related to the Vizo which is a hybrid condensing. The Vizo is a B&Q brand version of the C24 and C28.

These boilers start an ignition spark and about 0.5 sec afterwards the gas is turned on at the preset ignition pressure. This will always ignite the gas with something of a thud but can be reduced by careful adjustment of the ignition pressure.

As these are very cheap boilers they are usually installed cheaply and its possible the gas supply pipe is undersized and contributing to the problem. As a very minimum the gas supply should be in 22 mm for the whole length.

It sounds as if the installer was not CORGI registered as the service engineer apparently came to commission it. If the installer was CORGI and it is undersized ( more than 1 mB pressure loss ) then a complaint will get the installer to correctly size it at his cost.

All modern boilers make a sound but this normal.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Along Tony's, lines but has somebody ever checked the working pressure at the meter. If too low then boiler will not ignite 'first' time and gas will build up until 'thump' ignition. This should have been checked at time of installation and by heatline enginneer!

Most manufacturer's service engineers would have checked pressure at inlet to boiler and many would check at meter as well but many dodge the issue of undersized gas supply pipes and dont even point it out to the customer.

I dont know why because I think they have a duty of care to the owner and they need to cover their own backs in case CORGI come to inspect. So I would always mention it to the owner and write it on the report. CORGI class an undersized gas supply as At Risk !

With conventional burners its not very sensitive to supply pressure variations but if the owner is concerned by the ignition thump then all aspects should have been checked.

A simple test the owner could make is to turn cooker burners on full and see if that makes any difference to the boiler start up noise. That would eliminate a sluggish meter regulator.

One assumes the Heatline service agent at least checked the ignition pressure and placement of the electrodes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back