noisy new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new central heating system fitted,ideal isar HE30 condensing boiler and 5 rads(13 months ago).
For a few months a vibrating noise has been coming from the boiler when the hot water tap is turned on.It has been getting louder and longer lately and it has also been happening when the central heating is on.
can anyone offer any advice as you can probably tell i know very little about heating systems!

Sponsored Links
As this is a combi then I expect that it has a two year guarantee but to activate that it will need to be serviced at the end of the first year.

There are several possibilities, pipe resonance or combustion related but is likely to need a competent engineer to assess the problem.

I advise you to check the warantee situation and see if you can retrieve it ( with a backdated service ??? ). That will indentify the cause.

Its more likely to be installer error or lack of servicing than a boiler fault as such.

Tony

There has been a problem with the later diverter valve clunking (red head) ideal are changing them back to honeywell but it involves changing a a hell of a lot of plastic parts. What possessed you to get an isar

Agile said:
As this is a combi then I expect that it has a two year guarantee but to activate that it will need to be serviced at the end of the first year.
Tony

Ideal only offer a 12 month warranty extended to 15 months if you register within 30 days.

To get a 2 year warranty it has to be fitted on the 'A1' boiler scheme or similer or new build.

This noise is known problem with Isars, I've had to put in several warranty calls when I used to fit them.

Ideal Isar, the new potterton suprima :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Agile said:
Its more likely to be installer error or lack of servicing than a boiler fault as such.

Tony

You are a pompous fool Guy, & an illiterate one.Usually when you are drunk, which on here seems to be often.

Strange this Agile accused me of responding when he supposed I was drunk, yet I thought it was him as well :LOL:

cheers for all the replies.
the boiler was fitted as part of the warm front government programme.
have just found the building regulations compliance document(thats all i can find relating to the installation) and it was signed off on the 12 05 06.
should i contact the installer or would i have to find the warranty?

I am guessing here but it shouldbe under a 2 year warranty with warm front. Contact installer/warm front first, but if no luck call Ideal direct and quote warm front and installation date.

Whatever scheme it was fitted under it should still have had the benchmark log filled out ;)

You will be lucky if warm front come out so straight to manufacturers.. On a different subject when your boiler was installed did they fit thermostatic valves to the rads , because the half dozen jobs i have seen from them no trvs where fitted

Hi,

I actually work for a company who fit the warm front packs. Thankfully we fit the vailant ecotec 824 as standard. Ideal are a joke for afterservice so good luck. They have on many occasions sent us a new boiler to replace with rather than get an engineer out to have a look.

You may find the work is gauranteed by the company who fitted your system. There details should be able to be found stampped on a sticker which is on the front of the boiler. Failing that, contact warmfront, who won;t be able to fix the problem directly but are extremely good at nagging so should get the installers out to take a look.

As for the TRV question. We fit honeywell trv's on all our jobs except the hall for the roomstat which is normally a CM61 remote programable room stat.

thanks for the help everyone.
will contact warm front and installer and pester them!
and yes they fitted 4 trvs and left the rad in the hallway without one,(assuming this must be normal.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back