BOILER KEEPS CUTTING OUT. help..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a young female, and pretty much hopeless when it comes to anything like this, so any help or advise would be so helpfull! I have a valliant boiler in my home, and for the last month or so, all hot water comes out freezing cold. I go to the boiler and the red light is on, signalling that the flame/gas has cut out? Hope thats correct. So i press the button below the light, and it 're sparks'. After about a minute, it cuts out again. This is repeated 4 or 5 times until i can get any hot water : (
Save me from cold showers and running up and down those stairs a billion times an day.

Thanks,

Lauren :([/b]

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a flame failure fault.

Since it can work its unlikely there is any major failure and its probably more likely to only need cleaning and setting up of the internal gas adjustments and flame detection electrodes.

I dont really see how you are going to be able to repair it yourself and the usual advice would be to get a competent CORGI engineer to repair it for you.

Tony Glazier

Is this the pilot light that keeps cutting out?.. A problem with the Thermocouple maybe?
Thank you for replying

Sponsored Links
Your boiler does not have a pilot light or a thermocouple!

Chris speaks for himself about his uses !

She actually said she was "pretty hopeless" not "young and pretty".

I suppose I could equally say that I am "old and pretty" ( ...good at fixing boilers )

Tony

Hahaha, quit it guys.

i said im pretty hopeless!! : P and your wonderful lads for helping me out.

Doesnt even have a pilot light- shows you how much i know!

My first home and i cant even get the hot water to work properly.. :cry:

Best thing to do is contact corgi for a certified heating expert then? just dont want to be ripped off thats all. So i'll give him the facts that it is maybe somthing to do with the internal gas adjustments. Just so i dont sound too utterly hopeless :oops:

x

xcherrylozengex said:
Best thing to do is contact corgi for a certified heating expert then? just dont want to be ripped off thats all. So i'll give him the facts that it is maybe somthing to do with the internal gas adjustments. Just so i dont sound too utterly hopeless :oops:

x

I dont recommend that you try to tell him what to do. If you can find someone competent then trust him to know whats needed.

To avoid being ripped off ask about his fee basis before you make any appointment!

Tony

oh no, i wasnt implying that id try tell him what to do!!
A fault code appears also, and i looked it up and it said - faulty gas valve. So this could be the problem!

xcherrylozengex said:
oh no, i wasnt implying that id try tell him what to do!!
A fault code appears also, and i looked it up and it said - faulty gas valve. So this could be the problem!

post the model number and fault code Lauren, and Tony will tell you what the fault is.

824E? Yes it is fully modulating. F28 is a gas/ignition related problem. However this boiler has a diagnostics option that if used could show possible fault cause and location.

It's the aqua sensor that normally play tricks on these aswell. :LOL:

F28 is normally indicative of an APS fault (they only last a few years usually) but the minimum burner pressure is often set too low (up it slightly from the manufacturers figure).

And there are a multitude of flue restrictor configurations to choose from so there could be too much flue draught causing the lockout - even having the "correct" one inserted can cause problems (especially vertical flues).

Aquasensor, diverters, thermistors, boards.....great German engineering :LOL:

Gasguru said:
F28 is normally indicative of an APS fault (they only last a few years usually) but the minimum burner pressure is often set too low (up it slightly from the manufacturers figure).

And there are a multitude of flue restrictor configurations to choose from so there could be too much flue draught causing the lockout - even having the "correct" one inserted can cause problems (especially vertical flues).

Aquasensor, diverters, thermistors, boards.....great German engineering :LOL:

Agile had me convinced these where good boilers :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back