worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi\\\'m having problems with my com-bi boiler it seems to work fine hw but when in ch mode boiler will not always fire up ,some times I switch the supply to the boiler off and on and the boiler fires up and stays on until I turn room stat to satisfied and then it switches off . Then I switch room stat on to call for heat and you can hear a relay clicking in but boiler still won\\\'t fire up. then with the room stat still calling for heat I turn the hot water on from the tap and boiler fires up and won\\\'t go off until room stat is turned to satisfied. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Many thanks Simon.

Sponsored Links
Not an expert on Worcesters but I would be looking at the pcb. Can you remove cover to pcb and whilst boiler 'stuck' and clicking try tapping the relays? If this works then new pcb needed.

I always tend to recommend calling worcester out direct on their fixed price repair, or at least investigate the possibilty of this. I beleive it is still £185.

I would recommend calling a reasonably priced local independent for an older simple boiler.

Its unlikely to come to £185 even if a new PCB was needed unless his charges are above average.

Tony

have had this type of problem, cured this by changing the ch and hot water themisters ,also could be the change over valve diaphagm perished neither jobs are DIY call an engineer

Sponsored Links
combiman001 said:
have had this type of problem, cured this by changing the ch and hot water themisters ,also could be the change over valve diaphagm perished neither jobs are DIY call an engineer

theyve got a twin pass heat exchanger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back