Fuze blowing when central heating kick ins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!. Every time the heating is supposed to come on (when the thermostat clicks) the 3 amp fuse located next to the heating timer control blows. The hold water remains unaffected.

With my limited knowledge of heating systems I managed to set the valve to stay open so that the water will pass through into the radiators when the hot water in on.

The fuse still blows if I click the thermostat when the valve is in the manual open position. I have replaced the thermostat and the same thing happens.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can trace the fault?

Thanks In advance

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if you have a motor valve which has a fault perhaps caused by water leaking onto it?

Tony

Any ideas where the motor valve is located? I assume it will be in the airing cupboard.

I dont live in your home so I can tell you when mine is at home but not where yours is!

I think your clean socks are in kept your bottom drawer! Am I right?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I dont live in your home so I can tell you when mine is at home but not where yours is!

I think your clean socks are in kept your bottom drawer! Am I right?

Tony

WOW spooky as Mine are

Your scaring me Mystic Tone

:)

(whats the winner going to be in the 315 kempton park?)

PS I have no idea if There is in fact a 3 15 at kempton park, i am just using it as a comedic vehicle

;)

Top drawer actually!. Is the valve you are tlaking about the same as the valve I have set to open?

I dont know which valve you have set to open but it sounds very likely to me!!!

I have just had a thought though. Just possibly you have a gravity hot water system and its your pump at fault when its inly used on CH.

Disconnect the live wire into the pump and tape it up and see if the fuse blows then. If not then its your pump! You may find it smells odd ( like old socks I suppose ).

Tony

If it was the pump it would do it when hot water comes on as well. Have you had any alterations to your heating lately and had the room stat wired up wrong ie neutral where switched live back to controls should be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back