Halstead Boiler Problem

It was never fixed. I traced the wiring that I could and I couldn't see anything amiss. I was confident that the parts I replaced were like for like and I was careful to swap a wire at a time from old to new components.

It still blows fuses almost daily but as you've seen from my other posts I have plenty of problems with the heating system so I'm just trying to keep it going until I can afford a new boiler.

I believe you're right as the cylinder stat does fuse its contacts when the main fuses pops but I haven't got an answer yet.

I had a Heating Engineer in to quote me a new boiler and he didn't know what it was off the top of his head. I don't want to spend out much on it as it's money towards a new boiler but if I could just get a fix I'd be happy. I'm going to swap the tank stat back to the original although the same problem was evident with that one.

Sponsored Links
the grey wire (Live) on the mid pos valve appears to be connected to 2 blue wires where do they go?
also the white 5 core at the top of picture appears to have no earth connection WHY?

i suspect that the blue wire on the 6th terminal down (left handside) may be a neutral?

The grey from the 3 way valve - 6th down on right goes to a blue which disappears downstairs and to the light blue of the tank stat which according to the instructions is terminal no. 2 "satisfied".

The white 5 core is to the tank stat which doesn't have an earth for that model - according to the back of the box.

Sponsored Links
Where is D Hailsham when you need him?

He has plenty of time to examine each of your connections in turn.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back