Whirlpool AWT 2050 won't final spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have the mentioned top-loading washing machine and while moving we accidentally dropped it. Since then it wont do the final (fast) spin.

Its top cover came off and some wires got loose, I did my best to replug them in the right place according to the signs on the cables.
After reading through this page I checked the vacuum hose and switch, it seems ok, I took out and cleaned the water pump, I took out the motor, oiled the bearings.
Its an induction motor with a capacitor so there are no brushes. I measured resistance on the capacitor, it started low and constantly grew higher so it seems ok. I also measured resistance across the motor terminals, I got 16 ohms lowest so the motor also seems ok.
If I take off the belt the motor spins fine. If I rotate the drum with my hand it also seems to rotate freely, although I don't realy know how easy should it be to rotate it.
I'm totaly out of ideeas, any suggestion would be much appreaciated.

Kind regards,
Arthur

Sponsored Links
Damaged or worn clutch would be my guess.
If motor is running and drum turning slowly it can only be gearbox or clutch. Gearbox is expensive, clutch relatively cheap.

Sorry I've been away.

There is no "gearbox", the motor is connected directly to the drum with a belt, it runs on 2 speeds only.
Where exactly should the cluth be, because I can't find any either?

Sponsored Links
You must have the european top loader. Slimline machine.
No clutch on it.
I'd guess that the wiring isn't quite correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back