Baxi Bolier - Hot and Cold DHW Temperature Cycling Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Luna 310 Combi boiler. The temperature to the tap/shower fluctuates hot and cold. The burner fires and LED's light in sequence to "70". It then shuts off and cycles back to 30. (the water feels quite cold then). It fires up again and repeats the cycle. This has been occurring over the past 3-4 mo.

Just this morning I have a "30" and "60" flashing error and no hot water.

Does this sound like a sensor or Thermostat problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The 60 flashing could indicate low system pressure or pump failure.

Is the boiler pressure about 1 Bar?

The 30 flashing may indicate flame failure - hold the on/off knob in the rest position for about 10 seconds and see if it resets. (check gas is on)

However the sequence you describe of the temperature fluctuating is often caused by a sludged up plate heat exchanger - do a search on the Potterton Performa which is a similar boiler. (The Luna badged version is not sold in the UK AFAIK)

Thanks Guys.

My boiler pressure is about 1.5 bar.

The flame is still lighting. I will check the plate heat exchanger. The intake filter was clear.

Thanks for the manual. I have a copy, but am having trouble making heads and tails of it for trouble shooting. <must be written in the Queen's english...> ;)

I am on the west coast: Vancouver, BC.

Sponsored Links
Just been checking the price of this boiler on the US web dealers. Their trade prices are more than TWICE the amount we pay in the UK. I hope they're more reliable than they are here for that money. :)

Gasguru said:
Just been checking the price of this boiler on the US web dealers. Their trade prices are more than TWICE the amount we pay in the UK. I hope they're more reliable than they are here for that money. :)

Yes, but they have to fly them there on Virgin Atlantic !

I expect they are much more reliable because the canadian installers power flush the systems properly before fitting a boiler.

Tony

expect they are much more reliable because the canadian installers power flush the systems properly before fitting a boiler.

Most heating systems in Canada are warm air Tony, although I have seen a few wet ones, but they where P*ss*d up in a bar.... :LOL:

Baxi LOONEY 310...What next ?

Potterton Crackpot 830

Main Maniac 450

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have just been looking at the MI for this boiler.

It must be made for the canadian market because the MI are English on the left and Francais on the right!

Looks much like a Baxi 80 !!!

Tony

Agile said:
I have just been looking at the MI for this boiler.

It must be made for the canadian market because the MI are English on the left and Francais on the right!

Looks much like a Baxi 80 !!!

Tony

:LOL: :LOL: Your very astute Tony. Its French Canadian. Also they aint on sale anymore but you can find them on 't' interweb ;)

I bet they fit the supply input filter components on the US/Canadian model pcb's with the class action lawsuits over there or perhaps not and Baxi got worried and dropped the model.

Bet Baxi's junk aly steamers aren't sold over there, US lawyers would put them out of business and do us all a favour. ;)

The same old pre-mix Giannoni heat exchanger is used by some of the US boiler manufacturures though.

Post a photo,so we can all concur to what the "model" is. :confused: :confused: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back