Removing a kitchen to re use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to remove a kitchen to re use it how easy will this be the units went in as built up units just wondering if any one can tell me how these would of been attached to the wall and what is the best way to remove them thanks

Sponsored Links
I have to remove a kitchen to re use it how easy will this be the units went in as built up units just wondering if any one can tell me how these would of been attached to the wall and what is the best way to remove them thanks
could be easy could be a can off worms

if you have to remove it remember all pipes and wires need to be removed to allow extraction
if there is any wet damage the units may crumble and fall apart
if the backs are greatly cut through the unit may fold and fail

so in short you wont know until you know exactly what is involved
and what state the units are in

Will be screwed to wall at top on the base units and also to each other, the upper units will normally just be brackets at the top which loosen and lift off their mounting plates.
Sink , appliances etc come out first and then worktop secured underneath from base units and maybe wall brackets.

also bear in mind,if any mason mitres then when you crack the bolts it still might not come apart without damaging the joints.

Sponsored Links
the doors and drawer fronts are probably the parts most worth saving. Some of the carcases may have been hacked about for pipes or appliances, and you may need to buy the occasional replacement carcase. If there are technical slide-out or roll-out fittings, they are very expensive to buy new.

the worktops are unlikely to be worth saving, unless your new kitchen is significantly smaller and you can cut enough good pieces out of the old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back