Router hinge templates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone use router templates for hinges like the Ryobi or make your own?

I have some reasonable chisels and a grind stone, and whilst im able to chisel out hinges reasonably well. Never as machine tidy as you see many doors in offices etc hung clearly recesses are routered.

Im about to fit some stainless hinges to my new gate which have rounded corners, now, who as a proffessional here uses chisels and i guess a rounded chisel for these corners or who would user a router to fit them?

I know there's some time setting up the router gear/template but a better finish? Maybe more time efficient for multiple doors in a house?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
I always use a thumb router for hinges, give a clean cut, don't see the point of setting up a router unless you are onsite doing dozens.

Hi Foxhole, At the risk of hijacking the thread...

What is a thumb router please?

I thought I knew bit about routers, I know what a palm router is, but I have no idea what a thumb router is.

Sponsored Links
You deserve a thanks for that Foxhole, great little tool cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back