Recent content by AP3

  1. A

    Pyronix Enforcer Keyfob flashing orange and won't do anything.

    Many thanks. I'll give that a go when I have a minute.
  2. A

    Pyronix Enforcer Keyfob flashing orange and won't do anything.

    Thanks, very odd. Maybe some weird random button press in my pocket? How would one default a fob if you even wanted to?
  3. A

    Pyronix Enforcer Keyfob flashing orange and won't do anything.

    Hi All, The Keyfob for my Pyronix Enforcer suddenly stopped working. Instead of arming/disarming etc. It flashes Orange 6 times when pressing any button, followed by a quick green/red flash. There are no faults shown on the panel, and doesn't appear to be anything in the logs. I can set it...
  4. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Yeah, an absolute rip off obviously. No idea why that's not included in their "maximum" of £190, which is supposed to include all materials and labour. Still, I got away without paying a penny, but will try and find a local mob should I need drainage services again, and consider myself lucky...
  5. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Yeah, I read some horror stories, yet their Trust Pilot score is really good. They did quote an extra £90 on top of their "maximum charge" of £190 to make access to the pipe. (Drill hole, plug afterwards)...
  6. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    I hate to leave a post without finishing the story, so here's the rest of what happened... Called out Dyno Rod for a quote. They came out to make access and unblock, but in the process he got is camera stuck in one of the toilet u-bends and smashed it to pieces trying to pull it out! He did at...
  7. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Thanks for the very detailed reply. The new plunger hasn't worked, and this is beginning to look quite a bit outside of my DIY comfort zone, so I'll probably have to call a plumber on Monday. The hole is now sealed, but water was clearly getting to it, as water escaped from it during my initial...
  8. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    I haven't got the type of mop that I've seen used for that trick. No rim block things. All that goes down that toilet is pee and bleach. It's a hidden cistern toilet, with the cistern in the eaves, otherwise I'll pull it out and rod the soil pipe myself. One interesting development is that now...
  9. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Well the epoxy repair seems to be holding up, but the toilet is still blocked. I'm going to get a better plunger, and if that doesn't work, it looks like I'm going to need a plumber. :confused:
  10. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Brilliant, thanks! I've got some JB Water Weld due for delivery today, so I'll try that first. It that fails I'll try this tape.
  11. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Sorry, wrap some of what around it?
  12. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    All the other toilets are fine (there are 4 in total), so I'm assuming it's internal. The stack is external and vented at the top.
  13. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Thanks Hugh. I don't think there's enough pipe below it to cut it out, easily at last. I can't help thinking about the toilet backing up and then draining slowly. Would it not cause a break in the siphon effect of flushing the toilet by admitting air?
  14. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Thanks, I thought as much!
  15. A

    Hole in soil pipe, would this cause a slow flush?

    Hey Everyone, I think/thought that I had a blocked toilet. Filled up the bowl and drained away slowly. I went at it with a plunger to no avail. The toilet is upstairs, and afterward I went downstairs (to look at getting a better plunger) to find stinky water coming through the downstairs...
Back
Top