Recent content by chumley0312

  1. C

    uPVC door mechanism

    Thanks. I'll try that. I assume I turn both screws on each hinge anticlockwise to move it in the correct direction, ?? Quarter of a turn at a time
  2. C

    uPVC door mechanism

    Oh and yes meant lock master . Got the one with a deadbolt.
  3. C

    uPVC door mechanism

    Which would be the best, lateral or upwards. It really just needs a couple of mm I would have thought. With the 2 Allen bolts for lateral do I turn both equally and should I use all 3 hinges.
  4. C

    uPVC door mechanism

    Ok it's was a locksmith 35/92mm. Ordered one up. The other thing is the other door is sticking at the bottom. Not sure how to adjust the hinges as they don't look like the ones I've searched for. I've attached pics of where it's sticking and the hinges. I'm sure it's likely a simple adjustment...
  5. C

    uPVC door mechanism

    The latch on the conservatory doors does not move when handle pressed down. Luckily it's a dual door exit so I can open it by opening the other door and pushing. I've taken the handles off to confirm it's not the spindle. Locking mechanism works fine just the latch doesn't move, although it's...
  6. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Agree. I'm arranging united utilities to come out. It's a shared drain so it's their responsibility thankfully. If they don't find anything then I'm going to have to reinstate the stack as it should be.
  7. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Just an update, smell reappeared seems to be coming from sink plughole now.... I know trap isn't dry so should I be assuming so e kind of drain blockage and back pressure pushing smells through the trap??
  8. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Not really sure. The AAV cannot go higher I don't think and I agree we need to reinstate the original soil stack. Smell started appearing after I had run some drain cleaner through the sink as it was blocked with hairs etc. I got out as much as I could and ran drain cleaner through it. For some...
  9. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Ok, thanks for all replys. I've attached some pics of the bathroom and under bath of the AAV. I've also lifted the manhole cover in the back garden to see d drains blocked but it's empty. Smell however when I lifted cover was same smell. Earth soily smell. If note it's not been as noticeable...
  10. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Good thought but shower is above bath and uses same drain as bath.
  11. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    He got a roasting for it from us .... Never saw or heard from him again..... The soil smell could be sewer smells, it's really difficult to pinpoint what it smells like. It's not really really unpleasant but it's also not the nicest. Under bath dry. The AAV is under bath and lower than basin...
  12. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Ok. Soily is meaning a wet soily smell, like moist damp soil or stagnant watery smell. It's only just started. It started around the washing machine then moved to bathroom where it's smelt if bathroom left empty for a while and seems to come from around the bath panel if you get down and smell...
  13. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    Not sure how I can post pics of a smell. Can post images of the AAV that's under the bath if needed. Smell comes and goes and I'm assuming the diaphragm is closed at times. Oddly smelly now is appearing around the washing machine, which I'm going to pull out tonight. Not sure why it's coming...
  14. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    As far as I know it's the correct one, didn't know there were different ones. It was fitted by a plumber recommended by our heating engineer who we trust. Not sure how much work it would be. Can AAVs be fixed, how often do they go wrong??
  15. C

    Soily smell in bathroom

    A good while ago, a dodgy plumber decided to hack off the soil pipe under the bath to remove the boxed in section of the pipe and left it open. Anyhow subsequent bathroom renovation put an AAV on which failed a few years ago and a replacement fitted. Last weekend we started to get what can be...
Back
Top