Recent content by DJTINO

  1. DJTINO

    Boiler puzzler

    Thanks anyway, but I am on the ground floor with no loft and have another property above me. I was hoping SGN might relocate my meter closer to the boiler at an affordable price but they want £4,200 up front for this 'alteration'.
  2. DJTINO

    Boiler puzzler

    Sadly, no as I am in a terraced building with neighbours either side. I am wondering internally, though, perhaps along ceilings with trunking.
  3. DJTINO

    Boiler puzzler

    Many thanks for that. I think point 10 would be the best guideline then as I have a boiler (old as it is) working on 15 mm currently. No other gas appliances in property so rather hoped that might work in my favour a bit
  4. DJTINO

    Boiler puzzler

    So there I was all set to have a boiler installed until it was identified that I hsve a 15 mm.gas pipe. DUH DUH DUHHHHHHH.... Don't fancy having to lift up all my floorboards for a pipe upgrade but I may have to. Have heard that Vailants run on 15mm - but only on a short pipe run (my distance...
  5. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    I never would! Trust me. Wouldn't risk mine or anyone else's lives.
  6. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    No way was I gonna attempt it myself. I was asking in general terms if gas engineers would do such a thing as opposed to a full replacement.
  7. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    Yeah, I had asked that question here but apparently it's not the done thing.
  8. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    I can't understand why BG won't just replace the gas valve in its entirety since a new one would come with the Modureg. Sime have confirmed that the valve itself is still available, the Modureg as a separate part is not. I am going to take this further anyway as this makes no sense to me. Why...
  9. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    After a second engineer visit, I learned that it is the Modurec specifically that needs replacing and not the full valve after all. See my post of a few hours ago above. Thanks anyway. The first engineer just kept stating gas valve. Today's fella was more specific and identified that component.
  10. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    Anyone who thinks they know where this part can be sourced, I'd be sincerely grateful if you could respond here. Thank you.
  11. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    Had another assessment done on this one as Sime themselves confirmed the part was available, not obsolete at all. Glad I did too as, thanks to a second engineer being more specific and a lot clearer in his diagnosis, established that it the SIME 6187611 AMISCO COIL 220V. Modurec which needs...
  12. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    I understand that, yes.
  13. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    I understand that, yes.
  14. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    Thanks, fellas. I have already contacted a few local places and they are happy to look at trying to help me and advise. Hopefully one cheaper than that one on eBay.
  15. DJTINO

    Gas Valve issue in old boiler

    Thanks, guys. It is a Sime Friendly.
Back
Top