Recent content by FozzieBear

  1. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    The fan timer runs for approx 120 minutes
  2. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    It can be several hours to clear and I don't have the water very hot.
  3. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    No. No condensation buildup.
  4. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    Thanks Woody ,see my responses to mikehammer69 and endecotp above re layout and provision for replacement air. Its far from ideal but best within restrictions available except for perhaps swapping some of the flexible to rigid trunking. I might be able to get a smoother bend using semi rigid...
  5. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    I know having a bend is far from ideal but there was no other option. The inlet in the ceiling is close to the external wall where the soffit is so you cant position the fan any other way. Either the 180 bend is on the inlet or the fan is reversed and the bend is on the outlet ;). That's why I...
  6. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    We cut a large vent in the room door when we refurbished the room for replacement air
  7. FozzieBear

    Ducting re-jig for shower room extract fan

    I have a small ensuite shower room approx. 1.7m square. In the loft above I have a 100mm Manrose MS-100s inline fan connected to a ceiling vent like this and discharging through the soffit via this There is a short length of vertical rigid ducting above the inlet spigot and then a 90 degree...
  8. FozzieBear

    EasyFill in a Caulking Gun or Proprietary Tube Filler

    Many thanks @Wayners . Any particular Toupret filler. They only seem to do Fill-Flex or Fibacryl in a gun tube both of which are flexible fillers. Some of the gaps are only 3mm and difficult to get filler in with a pallet knife hence Grout Gun?
  9. FozzieBear

    EasyFill in a Caulking Gun or Proprietary Tube Filler

    Hi All, I have just had some new UPVC windows fitted and need to make good around the frames which don't exactly meet the old plaster line. There is also some damage to internal plaster where straps had been used to fix the old windows in place. Yes the fitters will make good but they just use...
  10. FozzieBear

    LEC BC6007G Bottle cooler not getting cold

    Before I disposed of our bottle cooler is it worth getting it regassed? Its nearly 12 years old and has bee working like a champ in our Village hall 24 x 7 but recently it only gets down to 12 degrees C. If I turn it off and leave for a while then turn back on it will cool down to 4 degrees but...
  11. FozzieBear

    Rating of 16mm Three Core SWA

    Thanks @flameport yes I think there is reference to this in the notes in Table 4E4A that you need to derate unless connected to 90c equipment (mcbs switchgear etc). I appreciate confirmation that this is adequate (probably in exces) for the application.
  12. FozzieBear

    Rating of 16mm Three Core SWA

    Thank you @EFLImpudence and @ericmark for responding. I am looking at XLPE/LSZH cable as that seem more available/affordable. This is for a "green" distribution board with only solar and charging. However we may want a second charger at some point and it seemed sensible not to skimp on the cost...
  13. FozzieBear

    Rating of 16mm Three Core SWA

    Please can someone advise the rating of three core 16mm swa when used as a single phase supply i.e. live, neutral and sleeved core as earth. All the tables I can find refer to 16mm SWA as three phase being 94 amps clipped direct, 99 amp on cable tray or free air and 75 in ground or in ducting...
  14. FozzieBear

    Advice on DIY GluLam Car Port

    Thanks @freddiemercurystwin. I read somewhere that to distribute the load across all three timbers they had to be glued with construction glue as well as screwed/bolted.
  15. FozzieBear

    Advice on DIY GluLam Car Port

    Thanks @stevie888 No appreciate they are not proper GluLam but couldn't think of another way to describe the fabrication. I just need to find a local structural engineer to look at the approach in principle before giving actual dimensions.
Back
Top