Recent content by Glyn1959

  1. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    Can’t swear to it as someone else was at the consumer unit. None of the lights worked so I assumed it was due to incorrect wiring but the incorrect wiring could have tripped it.
  2. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    Basically yes! There were only 2 possible combinations
  3. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    Following Sunray’s original suggestion (as per the first picture) of one of the disconnected black wires to neutral and the other disconnected black wire to the live on the light was unsuccessful with the first combination but successful with the second. All lights working. Nothing tripping...
  4. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    A friend’s house
  5. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    One switch and one light
  6. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    Reason for looking at wiring: small amount of water dripping from leaking bathroom above. In the absence of a multimeter if I can identify which cable goes to the switch can I connect that neutral to the live and and the other to the neutral. Not in th property at the moment to check what else...
  7. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    I can’t swear that the person hasn’t messed with the wiring trying to sort themselves
  8. G

    Ceiling light wiring

    Hi please see attached drawing. I have just undone the ceiling light and I have 2 neutral wires disconnected and nothing going to the live. The lighting on the consumer unit is off. Please advise how to correct/connect Many thanks
  9. G

    Patching sandstone for painting

    Hi, the attached photo shows sandstone which has had all the loose/bubbling paint removed, sealed and repainted. How best to make the patches where the paint has been removed less obvious? I know sanding the edges of the patches would make the patchers less obvious but could someone recommend...
  10. G

    Room thermostat not connecting to CH boiler

    It has worked in the past
  11. G

    Room thermostat not connecting to CH boiler

    Next time I’m at the property I will take a pic. Only one room stay and no underfloor heating. Would the individual stats on the rads influence anything?? Thanks
  12. G

    Room thermostat not connecting to CH boiler

    Probably a long time but my son has only just told me! Only a “live” tester.
  13. G

    Room thermostat not connecting to CH boiler

    Hi my room thermostat (old type) clicks when I turn it but does not stop the boiler heating the rads whatever temperature I choose. Photos attached. Any ideas please. All connections to the thermostat are clean and tight
  14. G

    2 outside lights only 1 PIR working

    Sorry no, it’s the nearest pne to the switch that isn’t working
Back
Top