Recent content by GuitarmanU2

  1. G

    Rewire or not?

    @ericmark Many thanks for sharing your experiences and great tips based on the experience, I hadn't thought about this in the same common sense way you have presented. I will adopt this method in organising what happens next with the electrician. Thanyou, I've had some great help of all of...
  2. G

    Rewire or not?

    Thanks mate, will do, and thinking about it that makes good sense, am i right in think it would be highly unlikely to expect 57 year old pvc cabling to last much longer, if it passes the EICR tests as satisfactory By the way the consumer unit was replaced when we moved in 31 years ago its a...
  3. G

    Rewire or not?

    Thanks, I understand fully what you mean, I was intending to approach this in a more crafty way when the electrician calls, I haven't yet asked for the full EICR, but will get his opinion on the Consumer unit, first which i already know is needed, I will then ask his opinion on the rest of the...
  4. G

    Rewire or not?

    Thanks too Mudo and Eric, that sounds like a good plan to me, I've now got a qualified electrician calling on Wednesday, if i do have metal conduit, then I guess thats a big win a for the earth b for the no chasing needed
  5. G

    Rewire or not?

    exactly :)
  6. G

    Rewire or not?

  7. G

    Rewire or not?

    Thanks, i think its the chasing out of walls which scares us the most I've seen those angle grinders in use outdoors and I don't like the dust outdoors, god knows what thats like indoors, however i see there's that magic tool called a Matebo, which has dust vacum, looks impressive, and if having...
  8. G

    Rewire or not?

    Thanks for the info, the wiring is pvc for sure, and some recently added lighting such as security lights do have earth and recently added wall lights have earth the other internal light switches show no earth when I take switch plate off
  9. G

    Rewire or not?

    Till we snuff it, fully aware of the upheaval of a rewire
  10. G

    Rewire or not?

    Hi All, I'm all googled out trying to find an answer, and getting quite a bit of conflicting info, so was wondering if someone could help please. We have a detached 2 bed bungalow built 1969. We've lived 31 years here. And had a consumer box fitted then, which I know will need replacing now...
Back
Top