Recent content by justintime01

  1. J

    Vodafone Phone Service

    Hello davelx, I will try to get a photo from my daughter as I live some 200 miles from her. However, it appears to me that the Master Socket has been used to terminate the new full fibre. There is, however, a short fibre connection between the MS and the ONT. In fact the ONT can be lifted off...
  2. J

    Vodafone Phone Service

    Thanks davelx. Can I explain further what I found and what I did. The original Phone/FTTC Master Socket (MS) is in the hall. It has two outlets, one marked VDSL2, the other marked Phone. Both outlets are empty. The new ONT is just below the MS. A short fibre ? cable connects from the...
  3. J

    Vodafone Phone Service

    I am not very phone savvy. However, from notes I made when at my daughter's house, two of the router outlets are labelled Tel 1 and Tel 2. A short lead connects to Tel 1. The base station lead is plugged into the other end of the short lead. Therefore, I conclude that router does not have a...
  4. J

    Vodafone Phone Service

    My daughter recently had Vodaphone Full Fibre with landline phone service installed. This replaced Plusnet Fibre to Cabinet which also came with landline phone service. The Plusnet contract had run out and Plusnet do not provide Full Fibre with landline. With Plusnet, my daughter's phone was...
  5. J

    Motion Sensor Security Lights

    Does anyone know where outdoor motion sensor security lights that have replaceable bulbs (e.g GU10s) can be obtained? Looking On- Line I can only find such lights with integrated LEDs. I had a security light with integrated LEDs some time ago which failed after about a year, although it had...
  6. J

    Central Heating Air Vents

    Sorry, I cannot tell you the make/model of the pump. The pump details plate faces away from the loft walkway and my balance is now insufficient to risk walking on joists to read the plate. I seem to recall, from my more agile days, that the working part of the pump was replaced (not the water...
  7. J

    Central Heating Air Vents

    Johntheo, I think the vent/cold feed arrangement is pretty much as one would expect. I cannot see the spacing between the vent and cold feed connections as the connections are close to the roofing eaves and covered with loft insulation. As I mentioned, we are in a bungalow so the loft is...
  8. J

    Central Heating Air Vents

    Alas it is already on min power rating. It used to be on max power from the time I moved here in 2007, but a couple of years ago it started pumping over so I was advised to turn the pump power down. To the best of my knowledge it is not pumping over now but I will check again.
  9. J

    Central Heating Air Vents

    I live in a bungalow with open vented vented heating. One of the pairs of 15mm downpipes, of which there are five pairs, feeds radiators in two adjoining bathrooms. Where these two pipes turn down from the loft they each have a 450mm tall x 15mm pipe upstand topped by a thumbscrew air vent. I...
  10. J

    Electric Clocks

    I have an old art deco mantlepiece mains electric clock made by Ferranti. Unfortunately it runs for a day or so and then stops until given a spin to restart. I would like to take the 230 volt movement out and replace it with a battery movement. However I have no idea if connecting a battery...
Back
Top