Being the highest radiator can make it more prone to collecting air, but needing to bleed it every 2- 3 weeks isn’t really normal.
I’d check the system pressure and look for any small leaks around the rail and valves. If it keeps happening, I’d get the system checked rather than just continually...
Fair point! I missed that the thread was quite old. The advice still applies, though I’d always check the manufacturer’s current instructions before swapping the radiator.
I’d check the wording with the manufacturer first. It sounds like the issue may be the type of heating system, rather than the inhibitor itself.
If the connections match, it may be a simple swap, but make sure the towel rail is actually suitable for your system before fitting it.
I wouldn’t go much higher than the required BTU. A little extra output is usually fine, but there’s no real need to oversize the radiator.
It’s better to calculate the room’s heat requirement first and choose a suitable size.
It shouldn’t be too bad if the flooring is already being replaced. The plumber may only need to lift a section of the chipboard to reroute the pipes, rather than taking up the whole floor.
I’d get the radiator moved at the same time as the flooring work and ask the plumber for a quote first. The...