Recent content by Matthew4041

  1. M

    Not trade but after Decorating advice

    No not yet
  2. M

    Not trade but after Decorating advice

    Hi, a decorator filled and sanded our walls. In areas the filler reacted with the plasterboard.so he took a knife and cut squares out of the plasterboard around 1 -2mm deep to take the paper face off. He then filled and sanded and lined walls. The next morning the filler had shrunk into the...
  3. M

    What are Boiler Flue regulations?

    It is neighbour's boiler flue so could find out what type it is from her, thanks
  4. M

    What are Boiler Flue regulations?

    Is it 1200mm from door?
  5. M

    What are Boiler Flue regulations?

    Gas Engineer was round today and told me the flue pictured is within regulations as the air brick above is more than 300mm away. However, he was googling regs at the time and google seems to indicate the distance required is 600mm which would mean flue is too close to air brick? What are the...
  6. M

    Thoughts on this? Electric heated towel rail behind door

    The door now won't open fully and It won't work to swing the door the other way or outwards (small bathroom/small flat).. It's wall panels so to remove I'm told would be quite a bit of work to re-instate due to holes left etc. I did ask that the Towel Rail was put on that wall but not behind a...
  7. M

    Tap revived tap just spinning

    Hi, I've just fitted a tap recover kit to a tap that was jammed however the tap head is not coming to an end point, ie, on or off, just spinning around, any idea what could be wrong?
  8. M

    Leaking from Kitchen sink overflow drain pipe

    I didnt realise the screw on the other side would pull it further in. Thank you very much, that did the trick
  9. M

    Leaking from Kitchen sink overflow drain pipe

    My sink is leaking from the overflow drain pipe connection. It is a Pyramis Athena Compact. Does the connection simply pull away so I can put a new seal on?
  10. M

    RCD Box upgrade

    Hi, I got a new kitchen fitted, by a kitchen fitter contracted by a very well known UK kitchen company (that attracts metal) where I bought kitchen. The fitter came in and said his electricians wouldn't work on non-RCD. He said the box would need upgraded and this would cost around £500. I also...
  11. M

    A question on shutting of water to change a mixer tap

    I need to change a mixer tap but can't find the mains water valve. Will turning the two valves? in the picture with a flat head screwdriver shut of hot and cold water to enable me to change tap?
  12. M

    Wasps have eaten away at one of my rafters to make a nest.

    Thanks, no it's a loft so that rafters needs to support the roof at that point, I take it that doesn't change anything?
  13. M

    Wasps have eaten away at one of my rafters to make a nest.

    Is the damage significant enough to need to do anything about apart from blocking access routes etc?
Back
Top