Recent content by newbuyer17

  1. N

    Eurosec CP8L dead - where to start

    I'd assumed it would have an anti tamper
  2. N

    Eurosec CP8L dead - where to start

    For anyone following or with a similar problem. Took case off. Nothing sounded. Disconnected battery.. nothing sounded. Replaced fuses Put new battery in .. nothing sounded. Put back together. Went to key pad expecting it to still be dead but all working again. I guess if better check the...
  3. N

    Eurosec CP8L dead - where to start

    I have this pack of fuses. Assuming they are the correct physical size I can try a 0.2A for the 250ma https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B6VHMW4K
  4. N

    Eurosec CP8L dead - where to start

    Her are the photos of interested. After and before
  5. N

    Eurosec CP8L dead - where to start

    Thanks. OK, the keypad definitely had water in it. Terminals looked corroded, but board looked OK. However, through the joys of being a hoarder I remembered that years ago I bought a replacement with the intention of swapping our main unit as one of the buttons was sticky. So I have replaced...
  6. N

    Eurosec CP8L dead - where to start

    We have a Eurosec CP8L alarm, with two keypads. A few days ago, the main keypad by the front door was completely dead, nothing on screen and buttons not working. Went and checked the keypad in garage and that was the same. A few days later, and we've discovered a leak above the garage, now...
  7. N

    How to remove cover on hinge

    Thanks all. All interesting ideas, but unless anyone knows for sure and it's an easy job I think I'd better leave well alone. I'm actually selling the property, door is working, just a bit annoying when it catches. If it was an easy fix I'd have done it, but don't want to risk completely...
  8. N

    How to remove cover on hinge

    Sorry for the confusion. The screws were left in and I tried adjusting the Allen bolt. The door does move. In fact I did this with the cover on. However, it's doesn't go far enough and looks to be at the end of its travel. Hence removing the cover, and messing with the other screws to see if it...
  9. N

    How to remove cover on hinge

    Hi. Yes, it certainly does. However it's at the limit of where it will move inward. The metal plate pushes up against the hinge as it is now, and won't go any further. Is there anything else I can do to move the door nearer the hinge, or is it at its limit? Thanks
  10. N

    How to remove cover on hinge

    Thanks everyone. Cover is off. Bonus question:-) The door is catching on the outside of the frame away from the hinge, so needs pulling on at the top on the hinge side. However, it looks like I've already hit the max travel. The metal plate nearest the wall hits the hinge and it won't go any...
  11. N

    How to remove cover on hinge

    Any idea how to remove this hinge cover so I can adjust? It feels like it wants to slide up/down, but isn't actually budging. Equally it looks like it can be levered off, but doesn't seem to have enough flex. Thanks
  12. N

    Electrics and Water proximity

    I'd like to run some pipework from my garage to an outside tap at the other side of some double doors. Without going into further details, the only route I have is through that wall half a brick to the right of where the power cable goes through, then up to the ceiling and across. I can't go...
  13. N

    Removing a radiator permanently

    I want to permanently remove a radiator in an upstairs bedroom. I'll drain the system from downstairs and am ok with draining and removing rad. It's plastic microbore under the floor connecting to 15mm copper into the rad. Just wondering what the best way to cap it off is though? The video...
Back
Top