Recent content by Rekusu

  1. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    Thank for the reply. See my post number 3 for a photos of the loft; fully boarded and very well illuminated. Getting FTTP has now been a three month ordeal; EE have to get get OR to do the job but god knows what is happening. I wrote to the CEO and am now being handled by the Executive...
  2. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    Thanks; I know I'm not tied to EE. I have not actually investigated alternatives, but it is my suspicion that any other company would hencounter the same fibre installation issue. t sounds like weasel words but the guy from the EE Executive Complaints Dept who has 'taken ownership' of my...
  3. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    Thanks. The lead I have installed is a 50m CAT6 with plug at each end. Rather than cut to the desired length (probably around 25m -30m), I will coil the remainder in the loft so the entire cable is as it came from the factory. I do have a socket push-down tool but do not want to get into...
  4. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    Now got the CAT6 from the loft (second floor??) to the area we use an an office / work space. Can hardly describe it as 'future proofing' since I have no idea how a future buyer would use the space. We built this house and at the time, I had little to no idea about CAT6, did not intend to...
  5. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    I'm currently with Plusnet and my contact has ended. We want to keep the phone and Plusnet are not offering VoIP so have to move to EE who do. All are part of the BT group. I've lost count but four or five orders have been created and then Openreach cancels. I have received three routers and...
  6. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    Thanks. I know about the loft H&S business so am designating it as the second floor. As an FYI, attached is an image of my dangerous loft. Given that Openreach will have to attach the fibre to the roof apex at the front of the house, at around 9m high, I can fully understand why a loft is so...
  7. Rekusu

    Cat 5e or Cat6

    What ho one and all, Will be getting fibre to the house in the near future and want the ONT in the loft. Have managed to get a CAT6 cable from the loft to the ground floor 'office' space and will plug the router into the wall plate. Bandwidth and speed is not an issue as only the two of us...
  8. Rekusu

    Toilet Seals

    If I do remove the toilet, I would definitely replace those two as I believe they are silicone and tend to develop a 'memory.'
  9. Rekusu

    Toilet Seals

    Thank you; pretty much what I think. It is all clean and tidy behind the bowl so no reason to expect the seal has become crumbly.
  10. Rekusu

    Toilet Seals

    Thanks
  11. Rekusu

    Toilet Seals

    As the seal is part of the junction at the very right of the photo, with the toilet in, downpipe and the vent from the top, there is no way that it can be easily removed or replaced. Hence my question, can the seal be replaced?
  12. Rekusu

    Toilet Seals

    What ho one and all, I am trying to fish a CAT6 cable from the loft to the g/f office space and the routing will be down a vertical sewer pipe boxing in a cupboard below. The issue is from the f/f toilet, I need to go around 1 meter horizontally through three posi-joists and the entire space...
  13. Rekusu

    FTTP and ethernet

    Magnets are a non-starter since the Posi-joists have metal webbing.
  14. Rekusu

    FTTP and ethernet

    It would be so much safer if Open Reach could work from home! Am receiving text messages telling me that I have a provisional appointment for an OR engineer to visit to check what work is necessary before they come to connect the FTTP to FTTH, a distance for around 30m. Apparently, the...
  15. Rekusu

    FTTP and ethernet

    Forgot to mention that the EE guy told me that Openreach will not work in the loft unless they have had special H&S training, and not all have. But of course, it is ok to work up a ladder at 9m. I know they don't know how my loft is but for the sake of clarity under this thread, here is a...
Back
Top