Recent content by sorryf

  1. S

    Extremely loud bang near fusebox.

    Clearly, I’m going about my search in the wrong way. The electrician called on the day saying he had too much work on to visit, but that without needing to look at the issue he knew that it would need at least the whole floor rewiring. Ultimately we will probably want to rewire the whole house...
  2. S

    Extremely loud bang near fusebox.

    This sounds exactly like my problem. You've reminded me that the bang did sound like it was from under our floorboards - before I went and convinced myself differently. Thank you very much. We have an electrician coming tomorrow afternoon, I will report back then.
  3. S

    Extremely loud bang near fusebox.

    Thank you all.
  4. S

    Extremely loud bang near fusebox.

    That's so helpful, and makes sense. Thank you. Would the general location of the bang be a good indicator for the location of the stripped/damaged wire?
  5. S

    Extremely loud bang near fusebox.

    He was only able to say that there was an issue with the circuit. Sorry.
  6. S

    Extremely loud bang near fusebox.

    I have a problem which I have already ran past various electricians, without success. I have an old-style fusebox next to my gas meter. Yesterday morning, began an extremely loud, single, metallic-sounding explosive bang from this same general area. It was frightening. Roughly once every one...
Back
Top