Recent content by stanna

  1. S

    Convert normal 2'6" door to bifold

    Thanks for replies Got a job lot of these from auction they are a cracking door. As Johnson have gone bump cant get a match so im left in this position. Thought about reversing the swing but looks crap as completely blocks hallway and hits radiator. Im with you on piano hinge as it...
  2. S

    Convert normal 2'6" door to bifold

    Hiya Chippys Got a set of MDF victorian doors by Johnson who have now gone bump. The two main panels are glazed. I need to split one door down to make a bifold as bath is too near door. As its a bathroom no gap can be had down centre so should i split it then rout out a rebate or use a...
  3. S

    MK faceplate colour match?

    Cheers for replys Think ill stick with the single ones thanks. Ami right in thinking any make module should fit in the faceplates? If main coulour is right wont be so bad with different white in the middle. Cheers
  4. S

    MK faceplate colour match?

    Hello Sparkies Working on a refurb and house has been rewired and MK faceplates used for sockets and tv aerial. Owner wants data cable to each room and sited alongside socks and aerial. Problem is MK don't appear to do a faceplate for rj45 data so need another make . Anyone know of a make...
  5. S

    Whirlpool apdw/2 circulation pump or impeller needed

    Hiya Looking for a used pump or impeller for a whirlpool APDW/2. replacement part no is 481236158434. Its an Askoll manufactured pump. due to silly price for this its not worth getting one new and might as well get a new dishwasher unless someone has one lying round. Only need the...
  6. S

    power in the garage

    on the £40 Cu It was installed by a sparks and i now have the money for the rest of the loan as the bank approved the work. As this will be rented out i insist that they have RCD protection and rewired so i have lost out how exactly??????
  7. S

    power in the garage

    Well why dont the mods close this forum and just have Electrics UK - get an electrician! Ive re-wired at least 5 houses before part P came and always got someone to check it. That someone being a wiring inspector for what was Norweb. Never found a fault other than id missed a grommet or 2...
  8. S

    power in the garage

    Sorry chaps that should read "Im after putting power in the garage". The current installation doesnt look safe so i want to strip it out and start again. Im hardly a numpty by the way. So this forum isnt an advice forum its just for you to extoll the virtues of your brilliance for all who...
  9. S

    power in the garage

    Eh up sparkies Bit of advice please After putting power in the garage. Have a split load twin rcd protected CU. If i wanted say 2 sockets and 2 4ft tubes in there what size cable would i need? As the garage is almost touching part of the house at the back can i run a unarmoured cable...
  10. S

    old cable new consumer unit

    Cheers Hes coming saturday
  11. S

    old cable new consumer unit

    no need to take it back its split load with 2 rcd's so i assume this is 17th edition. Make is BG. Bnq damaged box in the trade point so im not going to get a better deal. Not solicitors fault on the retention. Nothing to do with them. My lender will not give me all my loan unless i satisfy...
  12. S

    old cable new consumer unit

    Cheers. The retention means the morgtage co will only release 75% of loan until they have recieved all reports and any work reqired done. I have to stump up the other 25% till then so I can start work. This was the norm 20 years ago for older houses and they have started doing it again. SO I...
  13. S

    old cable new consumer unit

    Hiya fellas Just bought a house and need a report on electrics for retention. No earth bonding and old wired cu with no rcd. I think this is why it was pulled up and retention held. Can't afford a full rewire till got money back off retention 25k. Ridiculous. Before getting a...
  14. S

    air admittance valve on soil pipe

    Hi Fellas Doing a bathroom and currently the pan is coonected to the soil stack whic runs internally at the side of cistern. The stack runs right into the ceiling and terminates in the loft. This leaves an ugly bit of boxing in that needs removing. Can i chop of soil pipe and fit a air...
  15. S

    Hob connection

    Cheers for the help Gas Yawn. Yes im getting the GAS SAFE lad round and hes not my 'registered installer' he's a plumber. He's told me to make sure I have all the gear and having been to 4 different plumbers merchants including Plumb Centre everyone says the same thing - use a 1\2" iron...
Top