Recent content by steggles123

  1. S

    Suspended floor - which type of flooring is

    Gents, Thanks for the replies. The crawl space is about 65cm in depth with plenty of brick dwarf walls. Can any sort f you suggest a prefab hatch at all, or is it best to have one made to suit the beams
  2. S

    Suspended floor - which type of flooring is

    Hi all, I have flooring dilemma. Old Victorian brick house with an original solid suspended timber floor in the SW which gets lots of rain. The drainage, soil, gas, water and central heating pipes all run underneath in the crawl space in a small section of the flooring opposite the front...
  3. S

    Suggestions on sealing old flat roof pipe against brick wall

    Thanks woody, Any comments on the mortar issue at all?
  4. S

    Suggestions on sealing old flat roof pipe against brick wall

    I managed to get up on the roof for a better look. Ancient asphalt roof aside - I note the mortar in the flashing is cracked roughly near where the leak occurs ( only during excessive rain ). The lead doesn't move much at all without poking too hard. The lead looks similar to these photos all...
  5. S

    Suggestions on sealing old flat roof pipe against brick wall

    Haha yes, letters numbers. Can you recommend a brand of that bitumous mastic at all?
  6. S

    Suggestions on sealing old flat roof pipe against brick wall

    Hi foxhole/woody. Cheers for the input. I assume you are referring to flashband adhesive tape? For the pipe itself or on the brick behind it ? I actually had a 20kg tin of acrypol and a large 1m wide of a competitors roof mesh delivered - I couldn't get a wide enough roll in fibreglass. I...
  7. S

    Suggestions on sealing old flat roof pipe against brick wall

    All, I have an old old flat roof with a soil pipe flush against the brick wall. Whilst it's probably not leaking I know it's not the best. Any suggestions on doing my best to make it leaky-proof-ish? I know the roof needs replacing but I am not in a position to do so as yet Any ideas at...
  8. S

    Replacement floor - Concrete or suspended floor?

    Hi all, I'd like some suggestions please. I had a bathroom which turned out an underground soil drainage pipe cracked and was the source of water damage. The bathroom has been removed along with the existing concrete slab. I have also removed quite a lot of damp soil and have removed to...
  9. S

    Could this be a chimney breast?

    Hi there, Digging to the right side hits brick. I have not dug upwards but quite crumbly. The wall on the left is a brick thickness wall that divided two bathroom. A toilet was on the other side which has all been ripped out at the end of that room is the back external corner of the property...
  10. S

    Could this be a chimney breast?

    Hi there, I don't think so - possibly decades ago - there was a shower room in there for at-least about twenty years (identified by old newspaper in the walls). The kitchen and chimney are on the other side of the property. The room is going to be a bathroom again ideally on concrete base...
  11. S

    Could this be a chimney breast?

    Morning, I had to remove a shower room due to cracked soil pipe next door to it. Digging out quote alot of damp earth the external wall is exposed but there's a second on the left that has what it appears as though a concrete like substance on the wall (parging?) but on the bottom there is a...
  12. S

    Any suggestions to improve this suspended Floor?

    Actually there is a large gap between walls leading to front door. which I think has been there for a while. I'm assuming this is sufficient to move ventilation throughout the floor? There is a supporting wall holding the joist with a brick length gap between the external wall. Behind the...
  13. S

    Any suggestions to improve this suspended Floor?

    Some additional imagery.
  14. S

    Any suggestions to improve this suspended Floor?

    All, I have an old detached red brick house that has suspended flooring and there's water related issues in the middle section either side of the front door. Outside: concreted upto the front door and either side landscaped. There are low air bricks. Guttering is not leaking and running...
  15. S

    Dining table finished.

    Impressive. I do like the offcut piece.
Back
Top