Recent content by UKMICKY

  1. U

    Plug in solar

    Don’t need MCS . Just need building control and EIC from electrician then pay octopus 250 quid for the privilege of using their non MCS route . As I say you gotta pay 250 which adds to how long it takes to pay off the install but it will pay it off especially during the summer export and cheap...
  2. U

    Plug in solar

    Ok hi all. I just thought I would check in. Just for completeness I thought I would let everyone know what I’m doing . So I’ve decided plug in solar is not worth it . Prices are to high for to little return. So I’ve bought an Anker solex e5000 with 10KW worth of storage and 12 x 500 watt...
  3. U

    Plug in solar

    Yeah I’m not expecting things to work out perfectly but it will be much bette4 than things currently. Giving British Gas £1900 a year for my electricity is ****ing me off.
  4. U

    Plug in solar

    Ok . A question . So yes I’m still going on about this one I know but I did start the thread so I’m allowed Im still trying to work out what I want to do but rather than plug in solar I’m now thinking of having of one of them new anker solar bank 4s fitted by an electrician with battery in...
  5. U

    Plug in solar

    So I was thinking of getting Anker solar bank 4 with extra battery storage , yes I know they are not legal yet as plug in. Then I realised if I were to get 15 kw of battery storage with it in total for I think £4,500 which includes inverter . Sell 10KW back to the grid a day at 29.32 pence...
  6. U

    Plug in solar

    My house is currently consuming at 2pm 671 watts according to the smart meter. Even if I’m out due to my pond equipment I can’t see me exporting much from 2 x 500 watt panels especially in winter. I would need to go to at least 4 panels or more if I wanted to charge a battery using just the sun .
  7. U

    Plug in solar

    So ok as they haven’t updated G98 (if they ever do) so we are limited legally to only 800 watts ( not worth it ) even though they obviously want us to be able to have more due to the wording . As I have two sides to my garage roof can I have two sets of 800 watt panels and put them on timers...
  8. U

    Plug in solar

    But it’s probably safe to say its price won’t be much more.
  9. U

    Plug in solar

  10. U

    Plug in solar

    EcoFlow STREAM 800W Microinverter (Without PV Cable) STREAM Microinverter + 2 x 500 W Rigid Solar £419
  11. U

    Plug in solar

    I know the requirements won’t require bidirectional RCDs to be installed but is installing one notifiable
  12. U

    Plug in solar

    How about me using a 16/32 amp industrial socket and plug on a 32amp radial as they have shrouds around the pins as that would be safer than 13 amp plug or would that not be allowed either .
  13. U

    Plug in solar

    So I can connect plug in solar vis a plug but I can’t use the safer option of hard wiring it into the same radial circuit i can plug it into without it being signed off by an electrician. Seems crazy to me as surely the possibility of AC or DC coming through the plug that I’m touching is more...
  14. U

    Plug in solar

    That is what I thought.
  15. U

    Plug in solar

    Really . So provided I don’t want to export I can already hard wire solar via an inverter into my existing 6mm circuit in the garage.
Back
Top