1 cold radiator

Sponsored Links
I too have the exact same problem. One radiator on the ground floor is stone cold but all the others including the ones upstairs are all ok. If I turn all radiators off except for the offending one, it heats up. I proceed to turn all the radiators on one at a time; the radiator stay on up until the last radiator is turned on then it goes off again. I've done the usual radiator bleeding; I've removed the radiator and checked for sludge.
What to do?!

I went to my pump and noticed that of the headings- central heating, both, hot water- the indicator was pointing to hot water. Having moved the indicator to 'central heating', the radiator has come on. I'm going to wait until it heats up fully before sliding the indicator to 'both'; I want to relish all the radiators being on at once.

Sponsored Links
That's either an airlock or a balancing problem, or as your other post suggests you suspect, sludge.

Balancing can be a problem if there's no way to restrict flow into the hw cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back