10 or 15mm?

G

Goldspoon

If a house has 22mm running to 15mm for present rads and two rads are to be added is it best to run 10mm from the 15 or stick to 15mm to 15mm.

Any pros and cons appreciated...

Sponsored Links
I'm only a householder, but personally it would depend on the size of the radiators, and the appearance. If they were smallish singles, the pipework was mostly concealed, and the runs weren't too long I'd probably use 10mm.

The pipes get smaller as load decreases, not smaller for the sake of it. keep it as big as poss.
Sorry don't know any pross or cons but have been to amsterdam a few times and have a cousin in australia

If a house has 22mm running to 15mm for present rads and two rads are to be added is it best to run 10mm from the 15 or stick to 15mm to 15mm.

Any pros and cons appreciated...

you run 10mm from a manifold and it depends on the load your taking. What load do you have off the 15mm already. You get about 11,000btus of 15mm so depends on load you already got and want to put onto it

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

You can't turn 15mm pipe into 10mm, bad idea, as statedby audisport 10mm has to be run off a manifold, which mean you have to reconfigure the whole pipework. If you aren't proficient in this, and the cost implication you should use minimum of 15mm pipework to the new radiators ;)

Try and keep and bends and 90 degree joints to a minimum. The straighter the pipe runs the better even if you have to go through walls and clip at the required position as well fella.

Hi all,

Cider are you an installer or Diyer? If the former, get back on your corse or refresher training ;) If the later, you can do that if you want to reduce the effectiveness of the heating system, but, you will get problems :rolleyes:

If you haven't heard of manifolds, I guess you are a diyer.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back