15 or 22mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm putting a conservatory on the back of my house along side a 6m building on the end of this is a out side toilet which we want as a down stairs toilet / shower room access through the conservatory.

My question is this :- what would be best to get a hot water supply there 15 or 22mm pipe (This would come from up stairs bathroom ) for sink and mixer shower.

Also what would be best route for pipe ?

1, Under concrete base for conservatory in the insulation
or
2, Round conservatory walls at head height into shower room

Sponsored Links
If mains derived hot water the 15 mm is fine.

Remember isolating valves at supply end if any of iot is going to be unheated in winter!

Tony

Agile";p="2588680 said:
If mains derived hot water the 15 mm is fine.

Hot water comes from immersion cylinder in bathroom down the back wall of the house for the kitchen where conservatory is going, so could connect to that.

would 15mm still be fine or go 22mm reduced to 15mm just before shower ? thinking 22mm would give more flow to shower ? and is it better to keep the pipe high so its always falling or is it ok to come to ground lever then back up the wall in shower room.

Any help please

Sponsored Links
You will either need balanced supplies for the shower, ie tank fed hot AND cold, for most showers, or just cold mains water for an electric shower,

or there are a few showers designed to work with mains cold and tank fed hot but they need to be installed properly with probably 22mm hot supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back