3 phase or one pase supply

The Red & Black singles go into the trunking disappearing towards the left of the last photo that appears to be a few inches above the disused Wylex unit shown. There could/should be a meter at the other end of that.

Sponsored Links
The red and black cables feed into the big black tube that is shown in the last two photos.

One of the fuse boxes (CUs?) is marked with my flat number and a quick experiment confirmed thta it does.

Thank you for your help, I will have to get on to my landlord to get them fit proper meters. Proberly going to be a bit of a nightmare!

View media item 51208

Sponsored Links
The red and black cables feed into the big black tube that is shown in the last two photos.
Surely what we are seeing is armoured cable - the red & black conductors are probably its cores.

But whatever - no protection apart from the service fuse, and no meter. OK - it's not being used right now for theft of electricity, but it could be.

Your landlord will probably have some questions to answer....

One of the fuse boxes (CUs?) is marked with my flat number and a quick experiment confirmed thta it does.
Turn yours off at the main switch, and observe that "your" meter doesn't stop.

Been paying bills on the basis of its readings for long?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back