40mm drain to Square gutter downpipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of help.
I want to move the washing machine into an integral garage to free up some space in the kitchen. The garage already has mains and a cold water supply so i just need to sort out the drainage. I'm thinking i can drill a 40mm waste pipe through the garage wall and hopefully connect it to this square gutter down pipe. What kind of connector/brace would i need? ie: 40mm round to square gutter down pipe? Looks like the gutter down pipe has some kind of shoe. Am i better off removing this and taking the 40mm waste pipe directly down and keep them separate?
Image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking i can drill a 40mm waste pipe through the garage wall and hopefully connect it to this square gutter down pipe.

First - Are you sure your water authority allow this? The square gutter down pipe is for rain water. The water from your washing machine is grey water. Many areas have two drainage systems, one for taking rain water away, untreated, then a second one for grey water/sewage, which needs to be treated.

It's illegal, to discharge grey water/sewage, in a rain water only system.

Thanks Harry, i wasnt aware of this. Is there an easy way to check this?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Harry, i wasnt aware of this. Is there an easy way to check this?

Follow the manholes to where your toilets drain, and where your rain water go - if they are definitely one and the same, you can do what you propose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back