A couple of SP2 (possibly) glitches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed the SP2 for Windows XP. It seems okay but for two minor things. One: the keyboard seems to recognise the ' @ ' as ' " ' and vice versa. Two: can't seem to download Real Player without a paying for the privilege. I realise the latter is not exactly an SP2 issue but is RP still available for zilch? :eek:. Thanks for any advice. ;)

Sponsored Links
Check that the regional settings are still set to UK. Open control panel select Date,Time.Language and Regional options. Select regional and language options. Check that the location etc is set to English (United Kingdom)

WRT real player, I downloaded it for free a couple of weeks ago, so unlesss it's changed recently, I'd give it another go. Oh, you may need to ensure that you are logged on as an administrator when you install. Good luck

Hi Eddie,
Changed both the REGIONAL and ADVANCED options to "ENGLISH" but this still does not stop a " @ " for a " " ".

Accessing Real Player via the BBC notifies of a free download available. But this seems to be only a 14 day trial period and credit card details are requested. Can you remember where you made your download from? Thanks.

Click on the Language tab, then click details. It will probably be set to English(US). You need to select English(United Kingdom) from the drop down box or, if it is not there, click Add and follow the destructions. You may need the original XP CD for this. If you have to add it, remove the US one or set the UK one as default.

Sponsored Links
I thought that's what I said to do, oh well, perhaps I wasn't clear. Anyhow, WRT realplayer, I downloaded it via the BBC site :( I seem to remember that you can opt for the full version (free 14 day trial) or the cut down plug in for free. I remember it attempting to ask for credit cards etc, but if you read carefully, you should be able to pick your way through.

Have another go, and if no joy, I'll go through the steps I took again. Good luck.

Eddie M said:
I thought that's what I said to do, oh well, perhaps I wasn't clear. Anyhow, WRT realplayer, I downloaded it via the BBC site :( I seem to remember that you can opt for the full version (free 14 day trial) or the cut down plug in for free. I remember it attempting to ask for credit cards etc, but if you read carefully, you should be able to pick your way through.

Have another go, and if no joy, I'll go through the steps I took again. Good luck.

Come on Ed. You're an I.T. pro. No-one is supposed to understand what you do. That's how we keep the rates so high :D

Eddie M said:
I thought that's what I said to do, oh well, perhaps I wasn't clear.....

Sorry Eddie, you probably did convey enough info to rectify the problem (for someone without a diminished intellect) :oops: . But going into Language => Details and resetting to English UK did the trick. Thanks anyway. :)

Got Real Player downloaded successfully after all. Thanks guys. ;)

A. Thicko (er...that is Benny)

Sponsored Links
Back