Accenta g3 compact advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was recently given an accenta g3 compact panel and led keypad, both new and unused. I am considering putting together a kit. It didn't come with a battery or internal sounder so I will need to get those, as well as a bell box, pirs etc. my question for the alarm experts is, would it be cheaper for me to just buy a complete kit and panel or to try and add to what I already have? I want to add a speech dialler in the future but it is not essential just yet.

Any advice would be great as I have no real experience of home alarm systems. What I know so far is a mix of common sense and reading past posts on here.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You've got the panel and keypad and that's a good start. Before you go looking for bits and pieces, decide on the position of the detection devices and warning sounder then buy some eight core cable. Most powered detectors require six core, but with 8 core you have two spare cores should you need them. Make a plan, the more notes the better, and for now just run the cables to where the devices are going to be positioned. No need for a kit by the way. When you are satisfied that all the cable runs are complete, have a clean up and a cuppa.

You can buy all the detection devices in one go if you want. You can also buy them when you've got some spare cash so, you'll need a door contact for the main entry door, that's about a quid, and possibly a passive infra red detector for the hall, anything from a tenner to fifty quid, mine are cheap 'littons' installed about twenty or so years ago, and still working perfect. The thing is, if you buy a cheapy for now, it may not be the best, but it's a start and can be changed at any time in the future.

Install these entry route detectors first, it's only two, together with the panel and keypad. Then program the system, Now you are well on your way. Next step is the external warning device, and the step after that could be one or more detectors... and so on .... until your system is complete. It's up to you how long it takes, but you should find that once you have the panel, keypad and entry route sorted, you won't want to come to a sudden stop in the proceedings.

Take Care.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back