Accenta G3 tamper alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping for some advice. My accenta G3 alarm, which was not set, went off at 11 pm last night (scared the hell out of me and woke the family up!) and the tamper light was lit up as it was sounding. I turned it off with the code, checked around the house and then went back to bed. Again it was not set, but it went off again at 7 this morning and again the tamper light was active. There were no power cuts.

Any ideas what it could be? I've done some googling and it seems like it could be a number of things but are there any obvious culprits?

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
The tamper circuit can be a pain to diagnose. Basically there is a wire that loops around all your detectors to create a continuous loop. If it is this circuit hard to tell where it's coming from. Lift and reseat
all the covers on your detectors. There is also a separate one to your bell and I believe keypad if you have one. Have you done anything recently to disturb any part of the alarm? Another possibility is a damaged cable or loose panel cover.

Did you reset the panel at 11pm ?
As musszzy says this in a loop circuit
Did the outside bell ring when this happened?If the bell rang then it could be tamper fault on the bell box , if not it could be any lid on a detector or keypad.
Could also be rodent damage ? Mice ,squirrel etc
If it is not a loose lid then the only way to sort will be to use a multimeter to check the cable resistance to each sensor?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate your comments. I think it's sorted but I can't be sure. And even though it really didn't sound like it was the battery, I think it was the battery! After your messages I checked all the sensors, checked the box and panel and nothing seemed to be amiss. So, and now I realise I should have checked this earlier but I was investigating all of this before 9 am, I checked to see what happened if I switched the power off to the box, and low and behold the outside box sounded and the alarm went off internally when I put the power back on. So I went to Maplins and got a replacement battery and it all seems to be okay, though I can't be sure because there could obviously be an issue with the the tamper loop that I've not fixed. If The new battery has fixed it then I don't totally understand what's happened because there were no noticeable power cuts overnight (Sky box didn't reset, oven clock didn't reset etc). Can you get dropouts in supply like that?

Anyway thanks for the replies, very much appreciated. And sorry for the delay in my update! I got this sorted just in time to see Sunderland beat Norwich so I'm a happy lad tonight!

Lol Sunderland. If it happens again put a link between the two terminals marked tamp to see if that solves it at least you can then narrow it down to your bell or lid tamper then

Batteries do not last forever, should be replaced every 4 to 5 years, sooner if required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back