Access tap diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, could someone tell me if it's possible to access the diverter valve on these type of taps (see photo attached) for repair/replacement? When I turn the taps on no matter which 'setting' the knob is on I get half water coming out of the taps and half out of the shower.

Attachments

• IMG_7018.JPG
    IMG_7018.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
Normally you undo shower hose from unit, then twist the divertor knob off. You will then need to take the valve out using a hex key from underside.

Brilliant thanks, that's done the trick. See attached for what I've found. It looks like the large piece and the smaller price has broken apart. Not sure how critical this is but the way the thing was operating it was like the spring was not in the correct place. Where abouts should that spring sit?

If it's not fixable any ideas where you can find these?

Attachments

• IMG_7019.JPG
    IMG_7019.JPG
    483.3 KB · Views: 107
Yes it has snapped/broken. The spring would sit through the middle of the central pin/spindle but as it has broken it will not stay in place.

Sponsored Links
Yes I managed to unscrew it from the top part, so looks like this is the part I need (see photo). Needle in a haystack springs to mind (or impossible!).

Attachments

• IMG_7023.JPG
    IMG_7023.JPG
    497.6 KB · Views: 84

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back