Acho drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there am ripping up the decking and fencing and will be adding some Acho drains one along the house where window is into a drain like one in picture behind the white air source, then one along where the bar is into another drain but may question is what’s easiest way to connect them to the drain as I was just going to put hole into the concrete around the drains for it to just run into but then got me thinking is there a better way etc

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpeg
    IMG_7434.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7497.jpeg
    IMG_7497.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
You aren't really supposed to drain rainwater runoff into a general drain like that which goes into the sewage system. Rather than an ACO next to the house, you want to ensure all external landscaping (which should be min. 150mm lower than DPC) drains away from the house towards lawns and planting beds where it can soak in.

But it’s not a general drains is it as both have guttering going to them ? There’s one near front of house that’s from the kitchen and the Acho there drains into that ?

I just thought could add some of these drains near to house into the drain pictured and then have patio sloped towards the grass slighlty as well but correct me if wrong

Sponsored Links
If the patio slopes towards the grass, the aco won't hardly be picking anything up anyway. If those drains go to a separate surface water sewer you could connect to them. (To be honest I doubt the water companies randomly inspect private houses so I shouldn't worry too much, I'm just saying what I think you're *supposed* to do).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back