Acrylic bath repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder "noticed" a deep scratch in my new acrylic bath after they had cut the tap holes. can anyone recommend a product/company that can repair scratches in acrylic baths and any experiences of the results?

the bath was quite expensive (spa/wirlpool) and new. I've no ability to return in now that it has been customised

pic of damage attached..

suggestions appreciated

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 196
Sponsored Links
You can buy acrylic repair kits which are very good but remember it will be difficult to get a completely invisible colour matched repair, given the variations in shades of white manufacturers use these days. If you are handy and follow the instructions you can get a very good repair. Try it on a hidden area first to get your hand in and see the results.

I like your "noticed" comment in inverted comma's BTW cause that's quite a "scratch" .... "gouge" more like!!

thanks - I've seen a few, I think its probably worth paying someone with a bit of expertise given the cost.

Sponsored Links
This is why tradesmen prefer to supply the goods they are fitting, and why they have to charge a premium for those goods.

Try Plastic Surgeon - fine finishes

It can be mended.

Thank for the suggestion I will give them a try. It may make sense from a practical point of view, to get the tradesman to supply, but putting my day job hat on, it makes no sense from a contractual/risk point of view. Not to mention that their trade discount is normally pretty rubbish and they don't have the time or the inclination to shop around much. You've also got VAT on the margin.

If you buy direct you reduce your total exposure to the tradesman should you need to sue them and therefore recovery money via a civil court. The county court fast track is a world of pain easier, you also preserve all your
statutory consumer rights (sale of goods, distance selling etc) for the goods supplied and any support warranties from the retailer who will normally have more clout with the manufacturer in the event of a fault. Lastly you let the tradesman focus on doing what he's skilled at and don't waste his time sourcing products, which you may not like the look of. You also have title of goods in the event that you fall out with your tradesman and there are also no issues with origin, e.g. used/or supplied by a mate of a mate down the pub.

Thank for the suggestion I will give them a try. It may make sense from a practical point of view, to get the tradesman to supply, but putting my day job hat on, it makes no sense from a contractual/risk point of view. Not to mention that their trade discount is normally pretty rubbish and they don't have the time or the inclination to shop around much. You've also got VAT on the margin.

If you buy direct you reduce your total exposure to the tradesman should you need to sue them and therefore recovery money via a civil court. The county court fast track is a world of pain easier, you also preserve all your
statutory consumer rights (sale of goods, distance selling etc) for the goods supplied and any support warranties from the retailer who will normally have more clout with the manufacturer in the event of a fault. Lastly you let the tradesman focus on doing what he's skilled at and don't waste his time sourcing products, which you may not like the look of. You also have title of goods in the event that you fall out with your tradesman and there are also no issues with origin, e.g. used/or supplied by a mate of a mate down the pub.
can you give me your address so i could dodge you , jesus you sound a nightmare :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But if the tradesman had supplied the bath then he would be replacing it out of his own pocket. No arguments. No unpleasant suspicion over who gouged the bath etc

You worry too much, OP.... Tradesmen have b-all rights, customers always hold the aces and a damn sight more traders get ripped off than customers.

This Firm seems honest, they admit they could never get the colour right but in general the repair would not be noticable. Price seems reasonable, maybe the Builder might pay the cost .

http://diamondgleam.co.uk/bathroom-fixture-chip-repair/?gclid=CJfczozDuc0CFQccGwodljkPqQ

These guys are really good as well, I have used them twice once for my acrylic bath and once for my kitchen worktop, their prices were really cheap I thought and the repair to this day still look flawless, you wouldn't even know that they were there.

I had two other firms quote me (plastic surgeon and magicman) and they both come back well over my budget but Hometech made it work.

https://www.hometech-uk-ltd.co.uk/our-services/bath-repairs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back