Adding a room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

First post. I'm sure you've had a lot of requests about this. I have searched, but can't find a full answer to my problem. Hopefully you guys can help out.

I have a back boiler that feeds the hot water and the central heating. This includes a danfoss 102E7 in the kitchen with the switch for water only, or central heating and water. The radiators have variable stats on. I've worked out that I have a mid position valve (it's in the tank room) which obviously closes the valve when I switch to water only.

From what I've read the stat can sometimes be used to switch off the pump, however as mine is a pumped system for the hot water, I don't think this is possible?

The circuit on the 102E7 shows the room stat across connection 2 feeding the mid position valve, so I'm guessing it will just close the valve cutting the radiator feed?

With the gas prices going up this year what I'd really like is the stat to kill everything so it's off completely when the stat kicks in. It seems wasteful having the boiler still operate pumping hot water through the cylinder heating the tank water when by the time it's warm enough in the house the water is roasting anyway.

Or is it not possible on this crappy old setup?

Sorry if this sounds daft. I wouldn't be attempting this myself, but wanted to know if it was possible before I looked into it. If not I'll just have to leave it as it is.

Thanks guys.

John

Sponsored Links
it could be rewired using room stat and cylinder stat ,by fitting a new clock and changing the wiring set up you can have seperate control on both h/w and heating that turns the boiler /pump off when temp reached

Thanks Gordongas

I'm getting the valve repaired in the week. I'll ask the guys a price and see if they'll do a foreigner. Might be a bit expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back