Advice needed on what JG Speedfit fitting to use please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I want to attach a flexible 1/2 inch hose to my 15mm copper pipe that feeds our toilet as the pipe needs to be cut down as it's too high. I've never used JG Speedfit fittings before and nor have I cut a pipe but cutting the pipe I can handle but I don't know what JG part I need as it needs to be 15mm on one end to go in the pipe and have a 1/2 inch male thread on the other so I can screw on the flexible hose. Can anyone help please?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Buy a hose with a 15mm compression fitting at one end and 1/2in BSP thread on the other end. The compression end goes onto the pipe ,tightened with 2 spanners.

Sponsored Links
Using my suggested Flexi ? The compression fitting would.
Or Using the fitting that jammy suggested ( and has now disappeared from his post)??

Get one of these.
Bottom end goes on the copper pipe you have cut down.
The other end is flat faced so you can connect the flexi female socket on to it.

Added bonus is you can use the isolator when any future repairs are needed to cistern components AND the flexi.

Get one of these.
Bottom end goes on the copper pipe you have cut down.
The other end is flat faced so you can connect the flexi female socket on to it.

Added bonus is you can use the isolator when any future repairs are needed to cistern components AND the flexi.

Then you'd need one of these:

Then you'd need one of these:

I took it that OP already had the flexi or was planning to get one, so their question was about connecting it to the copper! Prepared to be corrected if wrong... But that is how I read it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back