AEG washing machine door catch / fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok - first of all the door wouldn't close properly - E40 displayed.

Then my wife thought she'd 'have a go' and unscrewed the two screws above and below the catch (on the machine not the door) and it has now disappeared inside the machine casing! :eek:

how easy is it to open up and relocate this (i'm slightly more able than my wife... ) and then solve the original issue?

machine is an AEG oko-lavamat 72630 update about 7yrs old.

any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
remove lid and put your hand down inside ,lock just there with wires on .

ok - thanks - sounds easy enough... anything to know about removing lid - e.g. have to take off front panel first etc?

ok - managed to get the lock mechanism back in place! no room from top so had to release the front panel at the bottom and then could just reach from side to push lock back and screw back in!!!

now door still shows E40 display - and makes loud click noise 3 times after pressing start before error shows

Sponsored Links
look at the back 2 screws slides off .

thanks rocks - did that but there wasn't room between the casing and the drum, electronics etc - still that's sorted now so only the original problem to resolve!

do i need to call in a repairman for the door problem? i've seen the replacement part for sale... is that what's needed and if i was to fit it then how do i get the front off???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back