Afterlife

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Series 2 on Netflix, read a few reviews last week which didn't sound too clever but watched 3 episodes tonight, Brilliant, Ricky Gervais has absolutely nailed it again.
I've always had mixed feelings about Ricky, much of his stuff is OK, but no more than that, prefer some of his films to be honest, but afterlife is a masterpiece of tragic comedy and over use of the C word, brilliant.

Sponsored Links
Afterlife and the one set in a nursing home (Derek?) - brilliant. The office I didn't enjoy at all though hugely popular. Ricky G is a very smart man, worth following on twitter!

Just been watching something similar on Amazon Prime. Not so much after life but before death. It’s called 'The big C'. A woman is told she has cancer and it changes her outlook on life. Just finished season 1 tonight. Like Afterlife, it’s both funny and sad at the same time. Starring Laura Linney from Ozark.

Sponsored Links
Ricky is a very talented actor/comedian whose 'Afterlife' received only borderline reviews. Makes me think these critics have perceived ideas of the man before they even view it.
Both funny and emotional across both series.

Back