air in hot water system

mw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
trapped air in my hot water system, I have a hot water tank, not a combi

When the heating is on by its self I have know problems but when I turn on both together you can hear all the air getting circulated. How can I get the air out of the hot water system?????

My main problem is when they are both on together I start losing heat to different rads.

Help please.

Sponsored Links
have you tried bleading the rads? and is your header tank full of water (it should be)

You might benefit from some pipe adjustments, and adding an automatic air vent. I have just put a boiler and tank in, and I have to change the routing to the top of the coil as I have just this problem.

cheers oilman

but what do you mean by changing the pipe work???? Im not a plumber but I will pass this info on to him.

Sponsored Links
Ah, if you are getting a plumber in, he won't need info from the likes of me.

However, I had the coil top pipe going horizontal before turning to go into the coil. I'll move it so it goes vertically down before turning into the coil, and then put an AAV up the vertical somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back