Air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About two months ago I had a Worcester CDi30 combi boiler fitted to an existing system and two new radiators fitted.. The boiler before wasn't a combi boiler and I have had the tanks etc removed.

I seem to be getting a lot of air in the first radiator upstairs which is a towel rail type in the bathroom. The top rung is going cool on average once per week and needs bleeding.

The system was powerflushed when the new boiler was fitted and I'm just wondering if this is common for new boilers? I'm not losing a noticeable amount of pressure on the boiler. Is it likely that I have a leak somewhere? I've been round and checked all the radiator joints and can't see any sign of leaks.

Would adding a leak sealer to the system be the recommended way to go or are there other solutions please?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Sometimes after fitting a new boiler to an old system can create problems due to the fact that before you had a system that was not really under any pressure,only the height of your water tank in relation to your boiler. This means that now you have gone all modern with a pressurised system the joints on the pipework are subjected to higher stresses than before & if poorly made may now leak. I would expect to see that at your pressure guage. A newly installed boiler shouldn`t lose any pressure.

If pressure not dropping then no leak! new boilers /systems may need bleeding/topping up a couple of times in the first couple of weeks but not after that other than once or twice a year, but then only a little bit!

Thanks for the replies.

So presuming I have a leak somwehere, would adding a leak sealer such as Fernox be recommended?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
If you have a leak then pressure WILL drop. Find and cure leak. I would not recommend using leak sealer. It only works on the smallest of leaks and does not seem to last long!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back