Air Restrictor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow-worm fluesaver 45 boiler, and appear to be having trouble getting the boiler to light when the air restictor is placed in the tube to the air pressure switch. When I remove the restictor the boiler works fine. What does this air resticitor do?

Sponsored Links
Ian that component is vital to make sure the boiler is working properly. Airlow and flues are Corgi territory. Leave it alone and call someone who knows what he is doing before you bugger your boiler.

The air restrictor was actually removed by a boiler engineer, because the boiler would not work with it in place. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me what the restrictor does as it is listed in the spare part catalogue for my boiler and I wish to replace it.
I tried yesterday to replace it, but once again the boiler would not fire up. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I do not do gas, only oil, but take ChrisR's advice. Please don't alter it. The whole path from air inlet to exhaust outlet must be taken into account when setting the combustioon conditions. If doesn't work with the restrictor in, that's probably why it's not there.

You are entitled to know for acedemic reasons what it's for, but setting up a boiler can result in some unusual configurations, alter them at your (and maybe someone else's) peril.

Im sure I was told some time ago that the restrictor is there so that it delays the switching over of the air pressure switch.
This prevents boiler trying to reignite if boiler stat suddenly calls for heat when fan is still slowing down or nearly stopped from previous cycle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back