Airing Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I've stumbled upon this great site, and whilst I have been reading everyone post for someone time I've decided to make a post to see which is the best way to go on a little project I am (one of many at the moment).

So we have this little cupboard, what I would call an airing cupboard. My plan is to permanently keep the clothes horse in there to dry them.

My first question is about ventilation, should I wire in an extractor fan (like you would find in a bathroom), or would I get away with just placing vent in one of the walls looking over the stairs.

When we first moved in a glue a piece of old carpet down, better than looking at bare chipboard.

Now, I am thinking to put the clothes horse on some sliding rails to enable us to fill with clothes. Should I remove the carpet, and mount a piece of wood on rails on top of the chipboard? Or just have the wood on rails on top of the carpet?

Looking forward to your views and comment.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

badge.

Sponsored Links
You'll need to circulate the air, so a vent low down on the door and an extractor up high on the wall. I'd keep anything out of the cupboard that moisture would cling to, such as the carpet. Maybe put some kitchen vinyl or similar down.

Sponsored Links
Another option is to use a dehumidifier in there, if you have power in there that is.

Easier than knocking holes in walls for ventilation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back