alpha 240p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am asking this question for my dad. He is having problems with his alpha 240p boiler
And the problem is,, if he runs his hot water it takes a very long time to get worm and as he has been trying different things he has found out when he takes the front off the boiler or just leaves the lower screws out the boiler works fine but soon as he puts them back he gets the problem again. He also has problems lighting the pilot light if it goes out he has to put hit little burner torch on it to get it hot before it will light.

Sponsored Links
wallace20006 said:
I am asking this question for my dad. He is having problems with his alpha 240p boiler
And the problem is,, if he runs his hot water it takes a very long time to get worm and as he has been trying different things he has found out when he takes the front off the boiler or just leaves the lower screws out the boiler works fine but soon as he puts them back he gets the problem again. He also has problems lighting the pilot light if it goes out he has to put hit little burner torch on it to get it hot before it will light.

the first problem will be an airflow problem, get a corgi engineer to sort it!

the igniton problem could be a few things probably simple but again requires a corgi engineer.

neither problems should require any major parts so tell him not to worry too much about a big bill.

Never EVER run the boiler with the cover loose.
People might die!!

Get someone in to fix it who knows what they're doing. Whoever loosened the cover obviously doesn't.

1. maybe a flue problem/fan ?
2. pilot jet isblocked check the size of the flame and positioning of the flame in relation to the thermocouple . :)

Sponsored Links
2face, why on earth are you encouraging him to fiddle with gas components when he clearly is not CORGI reg or compentent?

Are you one of the non reg who works on boilers?

When I say screws to the cover it is the cover to the fan aria I know this still not be a good thing and I will print all the replies off and give them to my dad.

I have just realized looking around other problems people are having that the person called agile is no doubt a CORGi engineer. And don't want other people to help them witch is typical so do everyone a favor and keep you opinions to your self as people obviously come on this sight for other peoples help not to just be told don't do anything and get a corgi engineer. So to everyone els please give me your opinions
THANKS.

Gas is dangerous. Don't fiddle with it when you don't understand it. Simple as that.
Telling you that IS doing everyone else a favour, in case you kill them.

Usual problem with alpha`s is the venturi in fan housing gets little nodules on the surface stopping air pressure switch working.

We all know that. and people are not suggesting that they are going to do it there selves, they simply want to know what the problem is and if someone els has had the same problem, because very often a engineer comes out and charges you for changing something that's not the problem and resolves nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back