Alpha CB50 possible Fan Fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

our Alpha Boiler packed up yesterday again after it was working for the last few years without minor issues.

Both Red & Yellow Lights are flashing and the manual indicates either a blocked Flue or the fan.

When turned completely off there is no 240V on PIN 37 (brown) and 38 (blue). Once turned on I measure 240V on these 2 Pins.

The Gas Flame never comes on and after a few flashes of the Yellow Indicator the Red and yellow start flashing together.

Being the Easter Sunday we are out of luck with any Engineers coming around.

Anyone any ideas ?

THX

Sponsored Links
Followed the Installation and Servicing Guide and checked Section D as suggested and have 24V between M5 Pin 15 and M6 Pin 20.

I do not have 24V between M5 Pin 14 and M6 Pin 20.

As I am obviously not a Corgi Engineer I wont be able to to take apart the sealed unit.

Any other Ideas out there?

THX

Engineer came round, dismantled the Heat Exchanger unit and gave fan a good old clean and oiled it and now back up and running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back